Passionate, well-rounded and thoughtful designer with several years of experience in visual design and project management. Exhibits a clean and contemporary aesthetic, staying current with design trends and methods. Results-oriented self-starter, constantly looking for ways to improve internal processes. Detailed, organized, and maintains a calm and cool demeanor under pressure. Has thrived in many different settings, with experience communicating effectively within teams large and small, local and distributed.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver PremierePro, After Effects, Acrobat Pro)
- Apple (Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Keynote, OS X)
- InVision Prototyping
- Autodesk Autocad
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp, Informz)
- Graphic Design (Branding & Identity, Infographics, Web and User Interface Design, Proposal and Presentation Development, Print Design and Pre-press)
- Art Direction & Content Strategy
- Visual Storytelling and Video Editing
- Basic HTML5 and CSS
- CMS Maintenance (Drupal, WP, Squarespace)
Co-Found and Creative Director Campaign Boldly
- Pro-bono branding and design services for women running for political office, at a local and state level. As two designers with full time jobs, we have successfully helped over 15 first-time grassroots candidates with creative strategy, branding, and websites that provide them with the confidence garnered from having a polished, professional looking campaign.
Volunteer Consultant Run for Something
Consulting with candidates running first-time campaigns on marketing design and branding.
Senior Creative Designer The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) July 2015–Present
Washington, D.C. | NAEYC is a non-profit membership organization.
- Implemented new approaches to digital design, such as social media campaigns and videos.
- Developed new branding ideas for both NAEYC’s main brand and affiliates.
- Acted as manager for the Association’s two magazines: Young Children and Teaching Young Children.
- Overhauled and organized the production process for both publications, acting as liason between senior editors, authors, designers and printers, while rebranding and heightening visual impact.
- Streamlined eBlast process, allowing marketing to work more efficiently without needing designer assitance
- Mentored junior designers on the team and contractors; effectively delegated to ensure project deliveries.
- Evaluated content, wireframed pages using Sketch and created UI for site redesign
- Developed and designed eBlasts utilizing Mailchimp and Informz
- Managed many projects at a time, ensuring smooth delivery from concept to completion.
Graphic Designer (Contractor) NASA August 2014–July 2015
Washington, D.C. | Media Fusion, Inc. runs NASA HQ’s in-house design agency.
- Conceptualized and implemented creative campaigns for print publication, ePublications, exhibit, presentation, interface design and marketing collateral, maintaining the integrity of NASA’s brand.
- Collaborated and communicated effectively with many personalities, from peer to Administrator level.
- Designed website graphics, eBanners and performed routine website maintenance (Drupal, HTML5).
- Developed extensive, complicated style sheets and created templates for 300+ page Indesign books.
- Overhauled training materials, creating more intuitive visual guidelines; trained new colleagues.
- Filmed and edited internal marketing videos.
Graphic Design Consultant APCO Worldwide April 2012–August 2014
Washington, D.C. | APCO Worldwide is a large global communications agency.
Associate Consultant April 2012–February 2014
Consultant March 2014–August 2014
- Supported the firm’s business development efforts globally, regularly working across time zones with colleagues from 33 offices worldwide; directly collaborated with C-Suite on many projects.
- Partnered with colleagues to conceptualize and produce a wide range of products, including fully designed InDesign documents, presentations, infographics, logo designs, creative spec (including ads, websites and social media tools), interactive PDF’s, illustrations, room design, and strategic graphics.
- Led email marketing communications (visual and content development) for several campaigns.
- Drove several initiatives to improve business development processes: re-designed the library of resources on the company’s intranet to be more user-friendly, created an interactive tool to help colleagues develop more well-thought out strategies and developed a library of customizable templates and graphics.
- Delegated work to interns, freelancers and vendors to keep projects organized and on track.
- Assisted in the pitch process for several large account wins.
CAD Designer Engineered Solutions, Inc. June 2007–March 2012
Natick, MA | Engineered Solutions is a small engineering consulting firm.
- Employed knowledge of graphic design to create strong visual presentations.
- Developed company brochures, proposals, presentations and marketing materials.
- • Learned Autocad on-the-fly, drafting schematic diagrams, details and markups.
- Drafted scaled floor plans and drawings, often transforming complicated field notes into digestible, polished diagrams.
- Addressed lack of on-board training by creating visual tutorials for new employees.